Skip to main content

Featured

Feel the Buzz for Yourself - These Products Are The Real Deal And Well Worth The Investment

The Daily Hobby That Helps Me Stay Centered and Goal-Focused

Source: Pinterest

I was going through a challenging time in my life two years ago. I was in dire need of something to control the mayhem. I made the decision to start a bullet journal on a whim. I'll admit that when I first learned about the idea from some friends who had just started using it, I was skeptical. Even though I've always found writing in a journal to be a relaxing way to process my thoughts, bullet journaling requires a little more effort than keeping a regular journal. However, my bullet notebook quickly turned into my lifeline. It eventually became my scheduler, task list, goal tracker, and much more.

My bullet journal helps me work through these thoughts and keep focused on my habits and goals, whereas my old journals only acted as a cathartic place for me to dump my troubles and thoughts. Learn more about the fundamentals of bullet journaling and how I utilize this pastime to maintain my focus and invest in myself by reading on.



september daily bullet journal
Source: Pinterest

Bullet Journaling: What Is It? 

A blank or A5 diary with a dot grid is the standard format for a bullet journal (bujo). However, the size can change according on your preferences. (I'm using a B5 journal right now that I adore.) There is no predetermined template, so you get to pick the stationery you want to use and how you want to adorn your diary.

Bullet journaling is wonderful because it can be customized to meet your unique needs. Your bullet journal may be anything you want it to be because there is no right or wrong way to use it. Consider the function you want your journal to perform before beginning. Depending on what you want to do with it, it might serve as a diary, to-do list, calendar, personal goal tracker, doodle sketchbook, or all of the above. 

Here is a simple outline to get you started:

Yearly: 

Create a column for your future plans, objectives, and dreams at the beginning of a new bullet journal (typically at the beginning of the year, but you can start anytime). This section—often referred to as a "future log"—is where you should record the goals you have for the coming year. You can then return to it as frequently as you desire as time goes on. Keep it straightforward by stating your goals for the coming year on one page, or create many pages for various groups of objectives.

Monthly: 

Make monthly spreads next. A calendar and other monthly logs could be among them. Here, you may keep track of your month's key dates, tasks you need to do, and more concrete short-term goals.

Weekly:

The last step is to create weekly (or daily) spreads where you can record everyday activities, tasks, and thoughts.

How I Bullet Journal

bullet journal goal tracker
Source: Pinterest

The Setup

I usually come up with a theme for the upcoming month during the last week of the current month, just before a new one begins. For my October spreads, for example, I chose a fantastic witchy theme. To fit that mood, I'll use washi tapes, stickers, and complementary colors. I decide how I want my monthly spreads to appear next. For each month, I typically make a calendar and cover page. I also make personal pages to keep track of my thoughts, daily routines, monthly goals, and moods. My weekly spreads come after these pages. This configuration has shown out to be the most helpful for me after some trial and error. However, the format can change from month to month based on my needs.

I start designing and filling out the pages leading up to the beginning of the next month once I've decided on my theme and arrangement. This section is quite calming to me, therefore I view it as a self-care activity. I adore having complete control over how things will appear and operate. I prefer to have everything prepared before the month begins, despite the fact that some individuals make their weekly spreads as the month progresses. It's up to you when and how you want to make your spreads!

The Method 

I write in my bullet journal pages daily for the duration of the month. I can check in with myself and hold myself accountable because of this. I still have a conventional spot where I can write my thoughts, but I can see what I've been actively working on. I usually read my bullet journal twice a day, once in the morning and once more right before night. I put out my daily agenda, the tasks I want to complete, and the habits I want to maintain before I start the day.

mood and habits bullet journal
Source: Pinterest 

In the evening, I review my day. I also use this time to reflect on the day's events and sentiments. I check my list of daily habits after filling out my mood tracker, and if I've completed a particular habit that day, I check it off for the day. For instance, one of the behaviors I prioritize is exercise and wellness, so I cross off the days that I exercise or consume a wholesome meal. I then refer back to my goals page. I record any thoughts I have on my thoughts page. After my monthly spread, I just create a fresh separate page for days when I have a lot to say.

I've been using a bullet journal for the past two years to manage my time, achieve my objectives, and make intentions. I can see my routines, objectives, and thoughts in the most effective ways. I adore how bullet journaling gives me a secure setting in which to record my ideas and use my creativity. Here are a few items I consider to be essential for bullet journaling:

ARCHER & OLIVE
A5 Dot Grid Notebook
SHOP NOW

YOP & TOM
A5 Dot Grid Journal
5 colors available
SHOP NOW

EASTHILL
Pencil Case Pouch
10+ colors available
SHOP NOW

TOMBOW
Dual Brush Pen Art Makers
SHOP NOW

ZEBRA PEN
Mildliner Creative Marker Set
SHOP NOW

TOMBOW
Retro Dual Brush Markers
SHOP NOW

TOMBOW
Fudenosuke Brush Pens
SHOP NOW

STABILO
Point 88 Fineliner Pens
SHOP NOW


If you make a purchase using one of our links, we might receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. I only endorse goods that I genuinely adore.










Comments

Popular Posts